- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (1/8-inch-thick) slices yellow squash
- 2 cups (1/8-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme and rosemary
- 3/4 cup almond milk (can use cow milk too)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices lox
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Feta
- To prepare the filling, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add squash, zucchini, shallots, and thyme; sauté for 5 minutes or until squash and zucchini are tender, stirring frequently. Cool the squash mixture slightly. In the meantime, preheat the oven.
- Separately, combine 1 cup of almond milk and other ingredients (except for cheese) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Arrange squash mixture evenly over crust, and then sprinkle with cheese. Pour the egg/milk mixture over cheese.
- Bake at 375º degrees or as directed by crust for 30-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Even more delicious heated up next day.
*I usually buy a frozen crust to use easily at my convenience. I opt for whole wheat if I can.